Sunday, May 2, 2010

First Geo Tag picture posted from Picasa

Here are my photo speculations if anyone is interested in the technical side of taking a snap shot.

Photo information
Loading…
May 3, 2010
716×536 pixels – 92KB
Filename: IMG00115-20100502-1924.jpg
Camera: Research In Motion
Model: BlackBerry 8520
ISO: n/a
Exposure: n/a
Aperture: n/a
Focal Length: n/a
Flash Used: No
Latitude: 5.414961° N
Longitude: 100.340281° E

Here is a link to my Picasa account showing the geo tag which Google explains:


    Geotag your photos with Google Maps -- Quickly add geotags using the newly integrated Google Maps. Click the Places  button and drag your photos to the location where you took them. Of course, you can still use Google Earth to tag or view photos if you prefer.


Due to privacy issues, because I am using Picasa on my Gmail account, I have limited views of my pictures in My Public Gallery  to those who are friends of mine, who need to sign in to see my pictures. The idea of Public Gallery is worrying, in the sense, how much control do I have over these images, and who is viewing them.

I am still thinking of just opening up a new account to keep my Digital Shadow to a satisfactory level. These are thoughts I had after listening to the lecture on Digital Shadows today. Food for thought, even in exotic Penang, I still want to know just how "public" is gallery of photos in Picasa.

No comments:

Post a Comment