Saturday, May 1, 2010

Penang

I am here at last. I arrived to Kular Lumpur two weeks ago. I flew with Air Asia. Then I caught the night bus to Penang. From the bus terminal I caught a 30 ringgit taxi fair to Chulia street, the back packer district of Penang. For the past two weeks I have only ventured a few streets away. One day I took a walk down to the Quay, and got very lost on the way back. I break up this little tourist precinct into two areas, the Indian quarters to the right of me, and the Chinese quarters, a few streets back.

I will use Flickr, Youtube, and other Web 2.0 tools to build up a picture of where I am , and what this place has to offer the back packer who is doing Malaysia on the cheap.

This is my first travelogue. I hope to build up an extensive picture of Penang, drawn upon my own impressions, and also culled from online resources like Wikipedia and other tourist related websites like Lonely Planet.

So far this is a blank slate. I will need to inform my readers of great cheap places to eat, green patches to exercise at, little grocery stores to get your goodies, and also where you can buy other stuff like electronics ect from the Malls.

I will be using my Blacckberry, snapping pictures and videos, and even audio files to capture the flavour of this busstling little island, that is watering hole for visa runners who want to extent their Thai visas.

My first impression of this place was a back water town with one Thai consulate and a few Indian resteraunts. The reality is very different. As I will explain in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment